- I got off the metro near my hostel and there was a giant gothic building in my face…with a big Coca-cola billboard on top. Odd…
- The descriptive text on my map tells me Brussels won’t be winning any beauty pageants. I believe it. I saw one building reminiscent of the pretty apartments in Paris, but it was so dirty it was not pleasant to look at anymore.
- There’s so much chocolate in these stores I don’t know which to buy.
- My teacup has a stem. And the handle’s on the stem. That’s different…
- This place definitely smells like a city.
- My map also tells me that Brussels is very quirky, but I’m supposed to love even the bad ones.
- I’ve figured it out—Brussels is New York’s European counterpart. No wonder I’m not enjoying it.
- This museum is huge. And maze-like. Very easy to get lost in.
- But the exhibits area is also big and open and aesthetically pleasing (the parts I’ve been in, at least)